How to send Jewelry?
Sending jewelry domestically and internationally requires careful planning and consideration to ensure the safe arrival of your valuable items. This guide will cover the steps you should take to prepare your package, send your jewelry, choose the correct delivery service, and insurance coverage to protect your investment.
Packing your jewelry
The first step in sending your jewelry is to package it so that it is protected during transit properly. Here are some packaging suggestions for your jewelry:
Use a sturdy box designed specifically for shipping valuable items. Avoid using a box that has been previously used or is damaged in any way.
Choose a box slightly larger than your jewelry, as this will provide additional cushioning and protection.
Wrap each piece of jewelry individually in bubble wrap or tissue paper to prevent scratching and damage.
Place the wrapped jewelry in a small velvet or satin pouch or a jewelry box before placing it in the shipping box.
Fill any empty spaces in the box with packing materials such as bubble wrap or foam peanuts to prevent the jewelry from shifting during shipping, especially if you're sending a tiny piece of jewelry, such as a necklace, a bracelet, a ring etc.
Close the box securely and tape it shut using packing tape.
Send jewelry: Choosing a shipping method
Tips to send Jewelry by carrier: Selecting the Best Method and Ensuring Safe Arrival
When sending valuables, it's important to consider several factors to ensure that it arrives safely at its destination. Here are some simple tips for selecting the best shipping method and insuring your valuables:
Considerations When Selecting a Shipping Method
Determine the urgency of your shipment's arrival.
Consider your shipping budget.
Domestic Shipping Options in the United Kingdom
Some options for sending jewelry within the USA include:
- FedEx: Mail Special Delivery: A quick and affordable shipping option
- DHL Express: Provides a variety of services, including next-day delivery and package tracking.
- USPS: Provides a range of shipping options, including next-day delivery and package tracking.
Shipping Options for International Deliveries:
Some options for shipping jewelry internationally include:
- USPS Priority Mail: A cost-effective international shipping option for small items.
- DHL Express: Provides a range of services and package tracking.
- FedEx: Provides a range of international shipping options and package tracking.
Purchase Jewelry Insurance
Package insurance is highly recommended when sending jewelry to protect your items from loss, theft, or damage. Secursus is the expert in insuring your jewelry while it is in transit. We provide comprehensive coverage at the most competitive prices:
Insurance up to $120,000
All types of Jewelry covered
Rates 30 to 50% lower than package brokers.
All you have to do is sign up here and fill out the insurance form (you'll be asked for the tracking number, the value of the parcel, and the carrier information).
More shipping tips :
Domestic Shipping Hints Follow these guidelines for shipping within the USA:
- Use a permanent marker or label to address the package clearly and precisely.
- Choose a shipping service that provides package tracking.
- Use a service that requires a signature upon delivery to prevent packages from being left unattended.
International Shipping Hints
Follow these guidelines when shipping jewelry internationally:
- Check with the destination country's customs regulations for restrictions or duties on jewelry imports.
- Label the package clearly and accurately, ideally in the language of the destination country.
- Select a shipping company that provides tracking and delivery confirmation.
- Consider using a courier service for dependable international delivery and added security.
Tips for Shipping High-Value Jewelry
Take extra precautions when shipping particularly valuable jewelry:
- Use a safe shipping method, such as overnight delivery or a courier service.
- Consider using a service that includes additional security features like full-value insurance and signature-required delivery.
- Use a registered mail service that includes a receipt and requires a signature upon delivery.
- Consider shipping in a plain package to avoid drawing attention to the contents.
By following these tips and selecting appropriate insurance coverage, you can ensure the safe arrival of your valuable jewelry. When choosing a shipping method and insuring your items, careful planning and consideration will provide peace of mind and protect your goods in case anything happens.