Carefully read our shipping instructions
At Secursus we have one goal: to protect and compensate you for your lost or damaged shipment.
Unlike other insurance companies who often try to hide certain key information in order to refuse claims, we want to do the opposite by being as transparent as possible. Please check our instructions carefully and contact us if everything does not seem perfectly clear.
• Always use rigid packaging such as a cardboard box.
• Secure your merchandise in an first packaging such as a padded envelope, plastic bag or small box then put it in the larger cardboard box.
• Seal any seams or flaps on the outer box with strong tape. Use additional packing materials such as padded envelopes, bubble wrap, paper, foam pad, making sure movement of goods is restricted.
• As your package will be dropped off several times during transportation, please make sure your package can survive dropping. Broken items correctly packed will be compensated by Secursus.
• Nothing on the packaging or label should reveal the nature or value of your item.
• Beware of wording that might inadvertently express a reference to the content of your package. Obvious words that relate directly to valuables are strictly prohibited.
• For international shipments requiring a customs form, place the customs form under the shipping label inside a plastic sleeve so that the value is not directly visible when looking at the package.
• If you are sending the shipment to your own country, or if there is no tax to be paid, we recommend that you declare a very low value.
• Always take a photo of the insured items and of the package with the label visible.
• If the shipment arrives damage, either ask your recipient to refuse it or to write down clear reservations on the delivery slip.
• Do not throw away damaged packages or boxes: pictures will be requested when you file your claim.
• If you include your recipient email address when taking out the insurance, we’ll send an automatic message to explain the procedure.
• Always drop off your shipments to official carrier shop or ask for a direct pick-up
• Always choose the signature option.
• Don’t drop off shipments to access points or parcel shops, such as supermarket, cafes, grocery stores etc...
You must insure your package no later than the day of consignment. For example, if you send your package in the morning, you can insure it until 11.59 pm that same day.
You can of course insure it earlier, as long as you are in possession of the tracking number
All insurance orders are automatically approved, so you don't have to worry about shipping the package before insuring it with us.
Here is the procedure if something goes wrong with your shipment:
Our claim monitor platform allows you to submit all the required documents:
Our customer service team will happily answer all your questions by email!